Author Topic: Visible Tatoos  (Read 3079 times)

sharonh

• Verified KPHRA Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Visible Tatoos
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
We have a Parking Enforcement Officer who walks the downtown area monitoring parking.  She has tatoos that cover most of her arms.  We had a citizen complain today so I have been instructed to see if anyone has a policy regarding visible tatoos.  If you have one please send it to me.  Thank you.

VickiC

• Verified KPHRA Member
    • View Profile
Re: Visible Tatoos
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »
Hi Sharon,

We have a couple employees that have similar types of tattoos (sleeves), including Team Leaders that interact with customers, however I don't believe we have had any issue or complaints about them. 

We do have a statement in our Personal Appearance policy that includes this language; "Excessive or objectionable tattoos or piercing, that are visible to SD1 customers or the public, will not be permitted and will require an effective and appropriate covering."

In your situation, if they are "objectionable", could you ask her to keep them covered while patrolling?

omnijim

• Verified KPHRA Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Visible Tatoos
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Good morning Sharon,

In the dress code section of the Policies of the Hardin County's Judge/Executive's Office, we have the following language which pertains to the three employees working in the office:

1. Visible tattoos will not be permitted
2. Facial piercings will not be permitted
3. Visible body piercings will not be permitted4. Ear piercings with a limit of three piercings per ear are acceptable.

The Finance Office has the same restrictions.

I hope this helps.

Jim Roberts  Hardin County